Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Purpose and content make for a happy bipolar girl in LA!

I have been feeling so much better these days. I feel like I have a purpose. I have something to do which has helped my self-esteem and my depression levels. Since the day that I had my first interview exactly one week ago, I felt so good about myself. Obviously the interview went more than well. My interviewer loved me. He loved me so much that he called me in for a second interview the very next day with two other supervisor's (one of which who is my current supervisor). The two supervisors loved me as well. It was like a whirlwind because the next thing I know its Monday and I am sitting in on my first day of their 200 hour intensive training program.

I must be on cloud nine because when I saw my interviewers, I didn't even recognize them initially. It took a second for it to register. I was still mentally at the interview and could not believe that I was at work already. I don't think that I will come off of cloud nine for awhile because the more I learn about the company the more and more I feel like I am dreaming. I have totally landed my dream job. The benefits are amazing. I thought that I had good benefits before when I worked at Nordstrom, but Nordstrom's benefits are a joke when you compare them to my new company.

Since I am now working in the travel industry, I can also finally have the opportunity to live out my travel dreams. My extravagant travel dreams I can now purchase at bargain basement prices. I am living a dream. I also have a normal and predictable work schedule so I can handle being a full-time student in addition to full-time employment. Purpose and content make for a happy bipolar girl in LA! I now see the light at the end of the tunnel and I also now know that it is possible for me to live a normal life. I simply had to make a few adjustments to the way that I was living and I am making it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment