Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Beginning

As a young adult with Bipolar 2, I know that it can be hard and there is very little support for people like me (or us). I decided to create this blog as an outlet for me and as a way for you to express yourself. Hopefully this will grow into a network where we can grow and share with each other. We can suggest other websites and books for that we found helpful.

We can create a forum where we discuss subjects such as diagnoses, self esteem, racing thoughts and any you may find as a concern. We can also help the non-consumers (or the general public) understand us and the things we are going through. We can work to de-stigmatize mental disease.

I got a suggestion from a upper level psychology student who received a catalog for psychology professionals to take a look at the catalog because there are some great reads for us consumers. I purchased 3 books from Amazon. The links are listed below. I am beginning with Facing Bipolar: the young adult's guide to dealing with bipolar disorder by Russ Federman, Ph.D and J. Anderson Thomson, Jr., MD.

The books just arrived tonight so I am going to start reading once I complete this blog. I am very excited. I also saw on the Today Show that Janet Jackson is releasing a book tomorrow. She suffers from depression and self-esteem issues, so I am curious to hear her taking and see what sort of coping skills she uses to get through. I will also post the link for her book as well.


















Good Night and Good Luck!
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment