Wednesday, July 27, 2011

He who is without sin please immediately cast the first stone!

When it happens to Amy Winehouse general consensus is what's new.. but when it happens to Jeret Peterson the world is so sad and wonders why and claims how it was unexpected... Listen people! They both suffered from the same demons that are dealt to those who suffer from mental illness. Their methods of coping were different but that doesn't make one or the other more or less tragic. They are both tragic and until you have personally suffered from Bipolar Disorder or Depression do not have the audacity to judge someone because they coped with their illness in a manner in which you do not agree with. 


This is exactly the reason that I don't like people in general. Instead of judging and criticizing we should be investigating and trying to figure out why things are the way they are. Don't judge me and label me crazy because I suffer from Bipolar Disorder. Yes, I do have my public moments but I surpress and bottle my illness so well in front of strangers that you would never know that I was Bipolar unless I told you so. This is why people like me do indeed bottle it up inside, because non-consumers criticize and mock us for being different. Non-consumers don't have what we have! Plato, Marilyn Monroe, Van Gogh, Amy Winehouse, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Edgar Allen Poe, Virginia Woolf, Mozart, TS Eliot, and Kurt Cobain had it. Jane Pauley, Tim Burton, Kay Redfield Jamison, Ted Turner, Jim Carey, Ben Stiller, and DMX have it... and I have it! Can you see the good that I see in being on such a winning team?


He who is without sin please immediately cast the first stone!

No comments:

Post a Comment